Annual Awards: Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
Business Person of the Year
- Any individual who owns and operates or bears principal responsibility for operating a business may be nominated. Partners who, jointly own and operate a business may be nominated as a “team,’” so long as the number of individuals in the team nomination does not exceed four.
- A business professional that has demonstrated exceptional success in the ownership or management of a business through leadership, exemplary customer service, and community engagement.
- Over the year, this individual has accomplished outstanding achievements as well as a broad and substantial impact on our community.
- Voluntary efforts beyond business and professional responsibility to assist the community, promote economic stability and enhance growth through his/her support of other businesses.
- Staying power: a substantiated history as an established business of at least ten (10) years.
- Indication of continued growth as it relates to sales volume and employee base.
- Response to adversity: ability to face and solve economic problems.
- Contributions by nominee to aid community-oriented projects, evidence of the use of personal time and resources.
- Increased employment opportunities created by the nominee’s business.
- Development and/or utilization of innovative or creative business methods.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial potential necessary for long-term business success and economic growth.
Innovation & Advancement
- A business that has made significant growth through innovative efforts, including the utilization of new technologies, creation of new or existing processes, products or services that enhance their business and/or customer experience, etc..
- This award will go to a business that has leveraged an advancement of modern business practices to grow through continuous improvement, creativity, and innovation.
New Business of the Year
- A business that has recently made a splash into the community or is making waves across the region, state or country
- Business is a current Chamber member having been in operation for no more than three (3) years at the time of award application.
- The business has demonstrated outstanding success, innovation, and entrepreneurialism in this new venture.
Outstanding Support Staff of the Year
- Recognizes support staff that is integral to a business and contributing to their success.
- Staff should be currently employed or just recently retired.
Non-Profit of the Year
- Available only to our non-profit members; recognizes outstanding contributions in the community.
Member of the Year
- Special recognition of an individual among the membership or their representatives that has made significant improvements or special impact to the Community, the Chamber or efforts toward promoting the mission of our organization.
- Selected by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Executive Director, and Immediate Past Chair).
How are the winners chosen?
In efforts to increase the objectivity of our award recipient selection process, all nominations will be submitted to a blind panel of chamber executives from outside the community to judge the entries and select winners. Accordingly, all identifying information associated with the nominee for an award shall be removed before application packets are sent to the panel for review.
All nominees must be current members in good standing with the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of two (2) years, with the exception of the New Business of the Year category. Awards may be presented on a case-by-case basis.
Presentation of awards will take place in March of each year during our Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet (“Annual Banquet”). Please contact the office with any questions or concerns. Thank you.