Why Join the Chamber of Commerce?
- Are a part of a like-minded group dedicated to helping businesses.
- Can become a mentor to a new business.
- Seek assistance or mentorship from established business people.
- Be part of a CEO or mastermind group.
- Advise the chamber of the needs of your particular industry.
- Can shape the future of education in your area by working with the leaders in business, government and education.
- Are part of a group that helps its members in ways you might not think of, like providing office space should something happen to your physical location.
- Can host a meeting at the chamber office. This is a good benefit for new businesses and entrepreneurs who work from their homes but need an office or meeting space.
- May be eligible for member-to-member discounts.
- Will be made aware of legislative issues facing your business. There’s a lot that goes on in the local, state and federal levels, too much for the average business owner to track on their own. The chamber will help keep you informed about issues that could affect you like taxation, legalization, and permitting issues.
- Can be informed about changing trends in marketing and social media. These areas and practices seem to change on nearly a daily basis. Most chambers offer some sort of programming or committee that can help provide the assistance you need to stay on top of these important concepts.
- May be a part of free “How To’s” and other learning session topics to help your business like workplace safety or taxation.
- Might be able to lead a session in your area of expertise to better position yourself as an industry expert and put you in contact with the types of people who need your business or service.
- Might be a part of a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Chambers may also help with other special business milestones like anniversaries and expansions.
- Can be part of their shop local campaigns.
- May be on the receiving end of some of the chamber’s web traffic as an online banner sponsor or being listed on their site in some capacity.
- Can be a part of the chamber directory. Some chambers have online, printed, or both forms of online directories that may help your business get more traffic and customers.
- Will benefit from the chamber being a resource for the community. If you’d like help connecting to a certain part or person within the community, the chamber may just be able to help.
- Access to online resources.
- Will likely receive referrals from the chamber. You’d be surprised how many people contact the chamber for opinions on local businesses. You have local citizens and travelers who see the chamber as a reliable source for information
The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce offers over 100 networking opportunities to Chamber members each year
Twice a month, on the first and last Tuesday at 11:30am the Chamber recognizes a Chamber member through a Member Spotlight. We encourage other Chamber members, Ambassadors and Committee members to join us as we celebrate and thank a fellow Chamber member for their support of the Chamber and contribution to Sampson County.
All Member Spotlights are highlighted on our Facebook page and in both The Sampson Independent and The Sampson Weekly newspapers. Chamber members are chosen at random for Member Spotlight and must have been Chamber members for at least 2 consecutive years.
Business After Hours
Business After Hours is the premier networking event through the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce. By hosting, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with other local business professionals without the distraction of the work day. Discuss and share ideas and build relationships in a relaxed setting! This event is also a great way to promote your business and services to the community.
Business after Hours are typically hosted for 1.5 hours directly after the work day (ex: beginning at 5:30pm-7:00pm) with refreshments provided by hosting Chamber member. Schedule your Business after Hours today!
Ribbon Cutting / Grand Opening Celebrations
The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize economic growth within Sampson County. Ribbon Cuttings hosted by the Chamber are exclusive for Chamber members that have been in business for less than two years. Hosting a Ribbon Cutting is a great way to help promote a new business to the community. Please see our Ribbon Cutting Packages to decide which fits your needs the best!
Grand Re-Opening Celebrations are available to all Chamber members. See below for more information.
Ribbon Cutting/ Grand Opening Packages
Professional Development Opportunities
The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce partners with the Sampson Community College Small Business Center to offer a variety of seminars each year. These seminars are to foster community growth and development by identifying key issues that affect a healthy business environment and the quality of life within the community.
The Small Business Center’s seminars are FREE to the public. All seminar dates can be found on the Chamber Calendar of Events.
Many networking opportunities are announced by e-mail through the Chamber E-newsletter